Manabie’s mission is to prepare us for tomorrow’s world by providing digital infrastructure for schools, educators, and students. Our family of apps and services are designed to:
- Improve the quality of education delivered to students
- Empower educators to focus on delivering pedagogical value
- Enable schools/educational institutions to provide a holistic digital learning experience with improved operational efficiency
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower our partners around the world to deliver high-quality OMO education.
Manabie is a global edutech company headquartered in Singapore with development teams in Vietnam, the Philippines, and Japan. We are currently expanding our product team and are looking for a product manager who can lead product development and take on the challenge to improve education.
Why work in Manabie?
- International and remote-based teams from Japan, Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, etc.
- Growth environment with professional and highly skilled product teams e.g .ex Co-founders, ex-McKinsey, ex-BCG, ex-Recruit Group (Top OT company in Japan), ex-US Amazon, ex-Ogilvy, etc.
- Be a part of the journey of a high-growth startup and contribute to the digital transformation of education.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and product management squad members to translate high-level feature requirements into comprehensive and technically sound product specifications
- Drive the product development process for your squad from concept through design, build, release, and improvement
- Ensure product quality and delivery timelines by maintaining a prioritized product backlog, collaborating with engineering and QA to execute the product roadmap through AGILE sprints
- Work cross-functionally with partner success and sales to drive product adoption and ensure partner requirements are met
- Conduct in-depth market research and competitor analysis to avoid “reinventing the wheel”
- Collaborate with the product director to build a commercially viable product strategy and roadmap
- Grow your team’s capability and productivity through structured training and team management
- 3+ years of relevant product management experience
- Able to write system specifications and requirements (e.g. user story, acceptance criteria, activity diagram, class diagram, entity diagram, etc.)
- An analytical and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Effective cross-functional communication and team management skills
- Project management skills to ensure high quality and timely delivery
- Experienced with relational data modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Data-driven approach with the ability to leverage data to make fact-based decisions
- Strong leadership skill
- Open to working in a start-up environment
- Degree/working experience in software engineering, computer science, information technology, or related fields
- Knowledge of domain-driven design best practices
- Experienced with B2B domains or working experience in enterprise SaaS companies
- Entrepreneurship spirit
- Experience working in the Education Technology industry
- Able to speak Japanese is a huge plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- 10 VL and 10 SL (maximum of 5 unused VL is convertible to cash annually)
- HMO upon regularization with an additional 1 dependent (fully covered by the Company)
- Monthly performance bonus
- Company issued laptop
- Government-mandated benefits
- Opportunity for training and business trips in our international offices
- Flexible working schedule
- Open, young, dynamic, and collaborative working environment
- Casual, but professional work atmosphere
- Location: Philippines
- Contract type: Full time
- 100% remote / work from home