PREPARING US FOR TOMORROW'S WORLD
You specialize in building and maintaining leading edge B2B2C solution built on world-class technology stacks that bring our unique vertical SaaS experience to Japanese, South-East Asia and more. Millions of people will be impacted by your contributions, which is demanding in terms of design and quality but also incredibly rewarding.
Why working in Manabie:
- International and remote-based team from Japan, Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, etc.
- Growth environment with professional and highly skilled product teams e.g.ex Co-founders, ex-McKinsey, ex-BCG, ex-Recruit Group (Top OT company in Japan), ex-US Amazon, ex-Ogilvy, etc.
- Be a part of the journey of a high-growth startup and contribute to the digital transformation of education.
- Probation: 2 months (100% full-time salary).
- Health Insurance package from BaoViet.
- 13-months and Performance Bonus.
- 14 days Paid Leave Annually.
- Attract, retain, and develop talent to join our world-class software engineering teams.
- Lead engineering teams and create a safe environment for a diverse team.
- Maintain a high-performance culture based on trust and teamwork, where team members demonstrate a strong sense of ownership.
- Conduct 1:1s regularly and give frequent, actionable feedback to support your team’s career growth.
- Inspire your team to develop technical strategy by facilitating technical conversations and removing roadblocks.
- Encourage effective and efficient communication from all members.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Design and improve skill matrices and career path ladders for the engineering team.
- Work collaboratively with the squad members (UX, business analysis, engineering, product management, QA) to achieve business goals.
- Nurture the value that quality is the responsibility of everyone, not just quality assurance/assistance engineers.
- Stay on the leading edge of technology and engineering practices.
- Understand business needs and know how to create solutions to manage them.
- Advocate for your team and always find ways to set them up for success.
- 5+ years of industry experience working with mid-large scale engineering systems and working across multiple teams.
- Experience and prior success as an engineering lead and people manager working on challenging problems.
- Highly collaborative, able to work across disciplines effectively with product management, user experience, operations teams, and other product engineering team members.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and team-building skills with strong business awareness and an ability to influence colleagues and executives.
- Clear and empathetic communication with a passion for mentoring and developing engineers.
- Ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Have experience in hiring and building a team at a B2B startup.
- Have general technical knowledge and experience across multiple functional areas: Mobile, Frontend, Backend, DevOps, Security, Analytics, etc.
- Be experienced with Scrum, DevSecOps and other Agile practices.
- Be familiar with Domain-Driven Design (DDD).