Manabie’s mission is to prepare us for tomorrow’s world by providing digital infrastructure for schools, educators, and students. Our family of apps and services are designed to:
- Improve the quality of education delivered to students
- Empower educators to focus on delivering pedagogical value
- Enable schools/educational institutions to provide a holistic digital learning experience with improved operational efficiency
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower our partners around the world to deliver high-quality OMO education.
Manabie is a global edutech company headquartered in Singapore with development teams in Vietnam, the Philippines, and Japan. We are currently expanding our product team and are looking for a product manager who can lead product development and take on the challenge to improve education.
Why work in Manabie?
- International and remote-based teams from Japan, Vietnam, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, etc.
- Growth environment with professional and highly skilled product teams e.g .ex Co-founders, ex-McKinsey, ex-BCG, ex-Recruit Group (Top OT company in Japan), ex-US Amazon, ex-Ogilvy, etc.
- Be a part of the journey of a high-growth startup and contribute to the digital transformation of education.
What you'll do:
- Implement & maintain microservices with Golang
- Design and write technical specifications
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to test and deliver the feature with high-quality and high-speed
- Test-Driven Development with unit, integration, and end-to-end tests (no test, no merge culture)
- Work closely with mobile & frontend engineers for API design & integration
- Take ownership of assigned tasks
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages including but not limited to Go, Java, C++, C, and Node.js
- Experienced with SQL and database design
- Knowledgeable of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Validated ability to excel in a fast-paced agile team
- Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong individuals with a desire for advancement and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Collaborative attitude
- Open to working in a start-up environment
- Experience working with Go
- Knowledgeable of container and orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working on cloud infrastructures like GCP or AWS
- Location: Philippines
- Contract type: Full time
- 100% remote / work-from-home